In the delivery of its Youth Programmes and Services, the Ministry continues to partner with several entities including regional and international organizations such as the CARICOM, the Commonwealth Youth Programme (CYP), the Organization of American States (OAS), the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), FAO, the United Nations (UN): UNICEF, UNESCO, UNFPA, UNAIDS, UNDP and PAHO/WHO, etc.
The international agreements and frameworks which currently guide the youth development agenda include the following:
- The Lisbon Declaration on Youth Programmes and Policies
World Conference of Ministers responsible for Youth, Lisbon, August 1998
- Braga Youth Action Plan (BYAP)
- The Commonwealth Youth Programme Plan of Action for Youth Empowerment 2007-2015 (PAYE)
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC)
- The United Nations World Programme of Action for Youth
- The CARICOM Commission for Youth Development
- The CARICOM Youth Development Action Plan (CYDAP)
- The Colombo Declaration on Youth: May 2014
The Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs (Division of Youth Affairs) will continue to provide direction, leadership, facilitation and coordination so that youth development programmes and services in Trinidad and Tobago result in the empowerment of young people between the ages of 12 and 29 years.
The following are some of the Youth Programmes that the Ministry implements: