In keeping with the National Sport Policy, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago is committed to providing financial assistance to outstanding athletes, in support of their preparation for, and participation in international competition.
The Policy that guides the EAAP provides financial support for nationals who have attained the qualifying international ranking determined by the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC). These policy guidelines were developed through consultation with the TTOC, national sporting organisations and other co-opted interests.
As such, the EAAP speaks to:
- Athletes who are world-ranked in individual sports
- Those sports included in Olympic events and programmes
- Athletes who medal at Olympic Games, World Championships, Commonwealth Games, Senior Pan American Games and Senior Central American and Caribbean Games.
Funding is allocated under the following categories:
- Athletes ranked in the World Top 10 positions will qualify for the current maximum sum allocation of $250,000.00.
- Athletes ranked in the World Top 11-40 positions will benefit up to $187,500.00 (75% of the maximum sum).
- Athletes who medal in the specific Games and Championships may benefit, on a case-by-case basis, from up to $75,000.00 (30% of the maximum sum).
- The funding will be provided for athletes who undergo a four-year cycle of preparation and training leading up an Olympic year.
The funding is intended to meet the following expenses:
- Training schedules
- Coaching fees
- Nutritional and medical expenses
- Travel expenses for training
- Travel expenses for sanctioned competitions and pre-Games tours
- Accommodation for training
- Professional expenses
Please note that the procedure to apply for grant funding is being changed and the information on this website will be updated once this process is complete. The information below makes reference to previous documentation:
The Ministry of Sport provides Grant Funding to National Governing Bodies for sport, community groups and individuals in support of their plans, programmes and activities that foster sport development, facilitate athletic performance and engender a spirit of community living.
Applications for Grant Funds for sport related entities:
What is Pink Reign?
Pink Reign is an initiative of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs. Through our efforts, we’re working to increase the involvement of women and girls in all sport: at all levels and in all roles.
The purpose of Pink Reign is to enrich the lives of women and girls. We’re encouraging them to get involved in sport and physical activities for recreation, health promotion or competition.
Our mission is to increase awareness and participation in sport and physical activity. We want to see more female athletes, coaches, managers, advisors, officials, administrators, umpires, referees and more.
Why should I get involved?
There are many factors, real and perceived, that prevent women and girls from participating in sports and physical activity. This decreased participation leads to a negative impact on individuals and society as a whole.
We aim to change this outlook through seminars, information sessions, and other impactful initiatives. Our hope is for women and girls to get moving again. We know that lives will be positively impacted on the physical, emotional and psychological level.
Join us in (re)discovering that sport and physical activity can be fun and lead to positive lifestyle changes.
How can I get involved?
There are four components of Pink Reign:
- Panel Discussions – Hear women and girls in sport share their experiences. Get the chance to learn from experts in the field.
- Training Sessions –Try something new or sharpen your abilities with professional coaches. All skill levels are welcome!
- Road Race Initiatives – Run, walk or crawl but get involved. Let’s move to our goal of gender equity in sports.
- Women and Girls in Sport Highlight – Get to know the women & girls sparking change in Sport and Physical Activities.